Prof. Tariq Syed Qureshi
Principal, Government Medical College, Anantnag
MBBS, MS, FICO, MCH Ophthalmology, Vitreoretinal Surgeon and Laser Specialist
Contact Number: 9419007122
Address: Gulistan Amin Lal Bazar Srinagar
- Principal Government Medical College, Anantnag
- 1 Year Fellowship in Vitroretinal Surgery, (Retina Foundation) Ahmedabad 1995
- Advanced Vitroretinal Surgery at Susret Eye Hospital 2015
- Refresher Course at J.J. Hospital for LASIK 2014
- Post Graduate and Under Graduate Professor since 1995
- Contact Lens Fellowship Venu Eye Institute 1994
- Senior Resident Ophthalmology for 2 years (GMC Srignagar) 1992-1994
- PG In Ophthalmogy, GMC Srinagar 1989
- Junior Resident in Surgery 1987-1988
- 1 Year House Job in Ophthalmogy 1986
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- College Colors during MBBS for being, Sports Secretary fo the College
- Multiple Awards during various Atheletic Meets & Sports Event in Medical College Srinagar
- Multiple Eye Camps in rural areas of Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh
PUBLICATION & PRESENTATIONS
- 60 Publications in National and Internation Journals and 40+ Presentations in National and International Conferences.
- MBBS (Government Medical College) December - 1985
- MS Ophthalmology (Government Medical College) 1990
- Fellowship in Vitero Retinal Surgery and Lasers (Retina Foundation, Ahmedabad) 1995
- Mch Ophthalmogy (Univesity of Sychiles) 2000
- Rakesh Sharma Memorial Award 2020-21
- Major Buparai Award, World Trauma Congress New Delhi - Dec 2019
- Awar of appreciation (Jammu Ophthalmic Society) - Oct 2019
- International Ophthalmic Hero of India (All India Ophthalmological Society) Jan 2019
- Award of Honors (Club of ophthalmic professor of India) Jan 2019
- ACOIN President Gold Medal (ACION Koldata) Oct 2018
- Award of Excellence (Ophthalmic Trauma CON) July 2018
- Best Poster Presentation in Ocular Asia Pacific July 2018
- Best Paper Award - Pellet Ocular Trauma (DAHOD) July 2017
- Sir Radha Krishnan National Memorial Awaard as best teacher (New Delhi) July 2017
- Ophthalmic Hero of India Award and Honour (All India Ophthalmic Society, Jaipur) Feb 2017
- State award for meritorious work in Ophthalmogy (Govt of J&K) Jan 2017
- Award of appericiation (Ocular Trauma Society of India) (Gujrat) Jan 2017
- National Hero Award for association of community ophthalmology) (Trichy, Tamil Nadu) Oct 2016
- National Scholarship Holder 1980
The creation of Government Medical College, Anantnag, as a concept, is a highly appreciated step in the right direction. Not only will it help the students from J&K, aspiring to obtain admission in MBBS, it will also improve health care delivery system and create awareness among people of state in general and the South Kashmir and its adjacent districts in particular. It shall also undertake research in diseases particularly affecting the local population and suggest measures as per the local requirement. It will also help in elevating health standards of the population and also in making the health programmes and eradication of diseases more comprehensive, focussed and need based. It will also generate employment among various cadres of educated unemployed like medicos, paramedics, technicians etc. and will provide reliable , secure and honourable means of livelihood to many and allow them to render services to the ailing people .
It will also generate employment for many in and around the medical college and associated hospitals and provide a sustainable means of livelihood to people not directly employed by Government Medical College, Anantnag. It will also bring District Anantnag on the map of medical colleges of the country.
I would like to express my gratitude on behalf of the faculty, Senior residents , Junior residents , paramedics , non medical staff of Govt. Medical College Anantnag to various known and unknown people who conceived the idea of GMC, Anantnag and gave it a practical shape by providing support of all kinds to make it a reality on ground.
I express my personal thanks to Hon’ble Advisor to his Excellency the Governor of J&K, K. Vijay Kumar for his keen interest in creating and cradling GMC, Anantnag .
Words fail me to express my sincere thanks to Principal Secretary to Govt., Health and Medical Education Department, J&K, Jenab Atal Dulloo, IAS for his exemplary and enthusiastic leadership, clarity of the purpose, constant encouragement and help for adherence to the time schedule.
Although this is the beginning and a long, arduous and time consuming path is to be tread before this project comes up as a pride among the medical colleges of the country .