- Be the centre of excellence for health promotion, disease prevention, training and research.
- Promote a sustainable and positive change in public health through learning, discovery and communication.
- Educate the next generation of public health leaders who endeavour to be change agents for health promotion, research and training.
- Support policy makers, practitioners and the government in making evidence based decision through knowledge management.
- Develop public private partnership models of primary health care.
- Graduate competent public health professionals and provide them with an accredited competency based curriculum.
- Support faculty and staff of GMC Anantnag in conducting research and extend the services to other institutions.
- Establish Public Health Laboratories for provision of services to primary health care providers and student training.
- Have healthy people living in healthy communities of Jammu and Kashmir.
- To provide a comprehensive medical education leading to MBBS degree
- To prepare for evidence based medical practice in the changing health care environment of the 21st Century
- To follow outcome based approach to medical courses and prepare the student to achieve the competencies in Medical knowledge, Clinical skills, Evidence-based learning, Patient care, Effective communication skills & Professionalism.